T-zone, Witch, Garnier etc all make nose pore strips aimed at getting rid of oil, dirt and other impurities that can clog up your pores. The cheapest I have found these pore strips is £2.99 for the T-Zone ones in body care with the most expensive ones coming from boots own range at around £5.
However, I recently read quite a lot about DIY pore strips where you use powdered gelatine. I was a bit sceptical at first but this really works and is a MUCH cheaper alternative so I just had to share it. Another benefit of this method is that you can literally apply it anywhere on the face – most strips are designed for the nose and forehead. With this you can apply it on your chin area because you control where you dab it on.
You will need:
1 tbsp powdered gelatine
1 tbsp milk
An old make up brush
1. Before you start make sure you have a cleansed face.
Measure one tablespoon of gelatine and one tablespoon of milk into a cup and mix together. It should be a lumpy consistency.
3. Put in the microwave for 10 seconds.
4. Stir the mixture; it should look like a runny gel.
5. With an old make up brush apply the mixture to the areas you want to remove dirt and oil from.
6. Leave to dry for 10-15 minutes, you will be able to tell it’s done as your face will feel stiff.
7. Gently peel the mixture off slowly.
You should now have super clean skin and you’ll be able to see all the impurities on the back of the strip. The only downside to this is that the mixture doesn’t have the most pleasant smell but other than that this really is a fantastic cheap alternative to the nose strips you find in shops. Even if you’re just curious, give it a go!